Anarchy Online will be turning 12 years old on June 27th so come on out and join in the birthday celebration starting that day! The Tinker and Desert Nomads are back, Levika’s has a new outfit and things are heating up in Borealis with open fighting in the streets.
Check out the official Birthday event details here.
I’ve decided to re-work the categories (and navigation) on this blog since organizing it by equipment slot was not working out as I had hoped. Many of the new outfits added to the game no longer come in parts such as a sleeve/body/legs piece with texture for that one slot but as a single item with a texture covering multiple slots. I’ll be working on re-categorizing all the items in to things that make more sense like t-shirts or sunglasses etc. As to when that will be done, I’ll copy FC and say SOON™. 🙂
Happy Birthday AO!
New clothes to go hunting for and free jet packs from the store. The birthday parties start at 5pm GMT time in The Grind. Check out >>here<< for more details.
Hope you all have fun!
On a side note, the party outfit for today is: Glittering Black Shirt, Legs of the Servants of Eight, Blue Boots, Flapper Sleeves of The Honored Maidens and Flapper Gloves of The Honored Maidens with an Omni-Med Butter Cake in-hand.
I’m still wondering what moment of confusion prompted me to actually say yes to an interview. Perhaps it was looking at way too many screenshots? I think I tend to ramble and focus on things no one else really cares about in games. Still, Justin managed to pull some of my rambling in to a very nice article about AO from the point of view of two player – one old (me) and one new (Donovan Drones). So head over to Massively and take a look at The Game Archaeologist: The Anarchy Online bloggers.
Omni-Tek’s selection of clothing, Zoftig Blimp’s inventory and the Miiir-exclusive women’s fashion has been wrapped up. Going up this weekend is a nice selection of male clothing from Miiir.
Of course, an outfit needs a setting, right? For those of you wondering about the world beyond the starter zone I thought I’ll share some of my favorite videos. Player-made showing Shadowlands and a bit of Rubi-Ka – Spy in Shadowlands and Peramburs Shadowland. Funcom expansion trailers for a feel to the story – Alien Invasion and Lost Eden.
Final list of all the blogs started during the Newbie Blogger Initiative and all the wonderful advice by more seasoned bloggers. Enjoy!
Sponsor advice posts:
- Stropp’s World: Being a blogger superstar, Just do it, The pros and cons of self-hosting
- StarShadow: Some blogging advice, Themes and widgets, Screenshots, Menus, categories and tags
- In An Age: Advice for new bloggers
- Tish Tosh Tesh: Who Am I?, Blogging is a social activity, For love or money, Thinking linking, Traditions
- Tastes Like Battle Chicken: Build your own boss, Week 2 challenge, A few words of wisdom, Week 4 challenge
- Tales of the Aggronaut: The Google Reader blogroll, Getting started, Be open-minded (unlike me)
- Wadstomp Gaming: The importance of social media, Submit a guest post, The best advertising payouts, Be sure to burn your blog to feedburner, Create your own voice
- Beau Hindman: General advice, Indie games and bloggers
- Games and Geekery: Why you should blog, Learning about blogging from perfect strangers
- Skycandy: Blogging wrong, blogging right
- Shards of Imagination: Choosing the subject of your blog
- MMO Compendium: Keeping up with the industry and bloggers
- Contains Moderate Peril: Some general guidance, Mind your language, Stats, Episode 61
- Lotro Fashion: Screenshots make your blog interesting
- High Latency Life: Finding your voice, You need a thick skin
- Scary Worlds: Mobile blogging, Creating a good title, Advice you don’t want to hear
- ETCmmo.com: General advice
- Nerdy Bookahs: Why do you want to blog?, Why haven’t you started your blog yet?
- World of Matticus: WordPress plugins, Finishing your blog setup, Making connections
- World’s End Tavern: General tips
- Parallel Context: The best advice
- Tremayne’s Law: Read Think Write Edit
- Jaded Alt: So you wanna be a blogger?, What’s in a name?, If you remember nothing else… write!
- Avatars of Steel: Curling up with a good blog
- Blog de la Burro: Why I started blogging, Some advice on blogging, Does traffic matter?, How to deal with writer’s block, What you should blog about, Are comments important?, Is it ever okay to rant?, How to get noticed
- Inventory Full: How the Bhagpuss came to be, Take a moment, Backing up your blog
- Gamerlady: Tips to start
- Just One MMOre: How to be consistent and make it painless and easy, One question high-traffic blogs ask
- Spinksville: Picture manipulation tools and copyright
- T.R. Red Skies: Quick tips, Objectivity, relating and heart
- Live Like a Nerd: WordPress plugins for bloggers
- I Have Touched the Sky: Avoid barriers to commenting on Blogger, Blogs lists and RSS
- Thade’s Hammer: Advice for the new bloggers
- Levelcapped: Tell me about yourself, None of my business
- Psychochild: What makes your blog special
- Bullet Points: The worst advice you’ll ever receive about blogging, You are your blog
- A Casual Stroll to Mordor: Learn how to podcast, Writing for the web
- Contains Moderate Peril: Episode 58, Fine-turning your blog
- A Green Mushroom: Blogging tips and hints
- Too Many Annas: Picking a name
- Grimnir’s Grudge: It feels good to be a blogger
- Gankalicious: Never tell the truth, Meeting interesting people, Who the hell reads this?
- Herding Cats: Creating a podcast on the cheap with WordPress
- Distilled Willpower: 8 blogging tips they won’t tell you
- Vicarious Experience: From there to here
- TL-DR: Protect your blog!, Tags and Categories
- Multiplaying: You should be blogging
- Blue Kae: Advice is a strong word
- Screaming Monkeys: Top five tips
- Caer Morrighan: Get started with WoW blogging
- Hawt Pants: New blogger advice
- Tiger Ears: Why I started blogging
- Berath’s Brain Burps: Sage words, How to get lots and lots of hits
- Just One More Unlock: Newbie blogger tips, Opportunity
- Hunter’s Insight: An idea is formed, What not to do
- ALT:ernative: Starting at the beginning, The first idea
- Epic Slant: Tips and links, Guest post
- MMOGC: 3 little things
- A Journey through the Mind: My 0.2 ISK
- Red Cow Rise: What and why to post, Blog setup and community building
- Epic Slant: Writer’s block
- Creeping…: So you think you can blog
- The Ancient Gaming Noob: Playing blogroll breadcrumbs
- Dragonchasers: How not to build an audience
- Welcome to Spinksville: What you should write and how to write it
- The Stories of O: Top 4 tips
- A Ding World: Blog posting
- The Wild Boar Inn: Blogging tips
- Professor Beej: Stop writing!
- Nomnom.info: 4 blogging tips
- Gamer BC: A solid foundation and a step forward
- Casual Is As Casual Does: Tips, tricks and who am I kidding
- Roll One Hundred: Managing screenshots
- Bullet Points: I refuse to call it a blogosphere
- KIASA: Good advice
- Pumping Irony: Before taking the plunge
- Life is a Mind-Bending Puzzle: Wrapping up advice all in one place
- Rikna’s Rants: The blog rings, By this keyboard I rule!, Guests and cross posts
- Sheep the Diamond: Advice from an old bull